Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Words Hurt

"She's such a loser." "Nobody likes her." "She's so ugly and stupid." filled the hallway at Ronald Regan High School. The words were said by the meanest girl in school Lindsay. Lindsay was so evil that little kids cringed when she came in the room and puppies cowered. Her victim? Me. Ever since we were eight, Lindsay have been constantly picking on me. My dad left us when I was born and my mom had a hard time raising me because she was a young single mom just barely out of high school. When I was 11, my mom eventually ran away with her boyfriend and I was left alone to raise myself. Lindsay found this out and teased me about it constantly. She said that I was unloved and the real reason my mom left me because I was so ugly that she cried everyday when she was with me. I cried my eyes out when she said that but my teachers never said anything. When I was 13, I was diagnosed with depression. I was miserable and Lindsay just made it all worse. I came home one day and started to cut myself with a razor I found in the drawer and as I saw the blood dripping down, I felt powerless and out of control. I am 16 years old and today I won't be crying in the bathroom, dodging Lindsay's comments, and hiding from people. I won't even be at school. I won't be around in my neighborhood, my hair flapping as I ride my bike. I won't be around at all because today, I took my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment